What is bins import?
Through the form Bins import it's possible to massively load a large number of bins inside the KanbanBOX Bins master.
How to import new bins in the master
- Link on Masters > Import;
- In the form Bins import (add) click on import_bin.xlsx in the field Download Excel template;
- The empty Excel file is automatically downloaded: here you can enter the new bins;
- Open the Excel file import_bin.xlsx;
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. To insert the new parts, click on the second sheet Bins;
- Fill in all the data (see details below, in the compilation guide);
- Save the Excel file (keeping the name import_bin.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Re-enter KanbanBOX in Masters > Import;
- In the form Bins import (add), in the field Excel file for Bins click on Choose file;
- Search for and select the file saved in point 1;
- Click on Open;
- The file is now selected and loaded into the space provided. Then click on Bins import;
In the new screen, the data entered in the Excel will be re-proposed. Pay particular attention to the last two columns:
Field Description Errors If the import causes an error, the line will be placed at the top of the code list and will not be imported to the system. It is possible to know the reason for the error in this column. Action Update: the bin is not new, but it will be updated into the KanbanBOX Bins master. Attention: every updated bin loses all the information previously entered in all fields and acquires the new ones inserted in the Excel file!
Add new: a new bin is added in the Parts master.
Click on Bins import (add) to complete the import. The data will now be entered into the Bins master.
How to fill in the bins import sheet
The sheet is divided into:
- Columns: based on the maximum number of fields that can be imported in the Bins master;
- Lines: number of codes that you want to massively import in the Bins master.
|1||Bin name||Bin name||Required field. It must be unique for each bin of the master|
|3||Bin number||Bin identification code||Optional|
|4||Weight||Weight of the container in LB||Optional|
|5||Length||Length of the container||Optional|
|6||Width||Width of the container||Optional|
|7||Height||Height of the container||Optional|
For each completed line, a new bin code will be added to Bins master.
When compiling, follow the following rules:
- Do not change the name of the sheet Bins or it will not be considered during the import;
- Do not change the name of the fields or the data will not be considered during the import;
- Additional sheets will not be considered during import;
- Additional columns will not be considered during import;
- Any missing columns will be considered as invalid values;
- The cells of the columns cannot contain formulas.