What's a Synchro order?
Synchro Orders are orders not managed by kanban: the consumption of a bin associated with a Synchro card, in fact, doesn't automatically release a replacement order for the supplier but ends in a single procurement cycle.
In KanbanBOX, Synchro orders are used to synchronize processes organized in Sequential Pull System and to manage Closed orders loaded by external systems such as MRP.
Please, contact the KanbanBOX team to request the activation of the Synchro order function.
How to import a Synchro Order from an Excel file
Verify the existence in KanbanBOX of a loop where at least the combination part number - supplier coincides with the order line to be imported. If it doesn't exist, create it (see procedure Create and update a kanban loop) filling the following values:
|Policy||SYNCHRO: the empty of the bin DOESN'T release a replacement order for the supplier.|
|Number of kanban cards||Field not managed by Synchro management.|
|Quantity per kanban||Optional. If filled out, each card can't contain more than the indicated amount.|
Afterwards, import the order lines via Excel. Procedure:
- Link on Masters > Import;
- In the box Import Orders, in the field Download Excel template click on import_orders.xlsx ;
- The empty Excel file is automatically downloaded: here you can enter the new orders;
- Open the Excel file import_orders.xlsx.;
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. To insert the new orders, click on the second sheet Orders.
For each completed line, one ore more Synchro orders will be added to the Kanban Board, depending on whether the total quantity is to be divided into several bins.
Once all the data related to the new Synchro orders have been correctly filled in, proceed as follows:
- Save the Excel file (keeping the name import_orders.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Re-enter KanbanBOX in Masters > Import;
- In the box Import Orders in the field Excel file for Orders click on Choose file;
- Search for and select the file saved in point 1;
- Click on Open;
- The file is now selected and loaded into the space provided. Then click on Import Orders;
In the new screen, the data entered in the Excel will be re-proposed. Pay particular attention to the last two columns:
Field Description Errors If the import causes an error, the line will be placed at the top of the code list and will not be imported to the system. It is possible to know the reason for the error in this column. Action Update: the order line is not new, but it will be updated in KanbanBOX.
Add new: a new extra kanban card is inserted in the Kanban Board.
Click on Import data in KanbanBOX to complete the import.