What’s a worklist?
A worklist is a group of kanban cards that can be set all together. Usually, you create a worklist by a filter in the board. The worklist ID is the unique worklist identifier, composed of ten alphanumeric characters that starts with WL, and is part of the worklist card with a barcode and a string.
Set a worklist card in a specific status and all kanban cards linked to the worklist are set in that status, although kanban card aren’t linked to a single kanban loop. For example, with a purchase kanban, if supplier is linked in KanbanBOX, it can create a worklist to manage all kanban orders for that client and even the client can set the worklist at delivery.
Another possibility is to export kanban cards link to a worklist by an excel or csv file. It’s useful for import in the management information system or other reworking.
How to set a widget to create a worklist
- Get in Kanban boards > Board as planner.
- Filter kanban cards that shall be linked in a worklist.
Save the filter by clicking Save filter on the top right of the table. When you select the filter, kanban board shows only the kanban cards with those specific characteristics.
To create a new filter, fill these fields:
Field Description New filter name Filter name or characteristics name. Filter visibility Me only: I’m the only one to see the filter.
Everyone: all company users can see the filter.
Overwrite filter To modify an existing filter, select it with drop-down box.
Once set up the filter, we shall continue to create the worklist:
At the top right get in Settings > Custom actions.
Create a new action by clicking at the top right of the table Add new action. In the new screen, fill these fields:
Field Description Action name Worklist action. For example, “Print released kanban cards”, or “Export supplier X kanban cards” or “Print customer X kanban cards”, etc. Available for Only current user: worklist action is available only for this user.
All users: all users can set this worklist action.
Function Create and print worklist: you can print all kanban cards filtered plus the worklist card that link all kanban cards.
In this case, the function of our interest is Create and print worklist. Once selected, fill these other fields:
Field Description Cards filter Select filter just created. Include only "released" and "in process with priority" cards Yes (Default): include in the worklist only kanban cards released and in process with priority, with regard to all kanban card filtered.
No: include in the worklist all kanban card filtered.
For move kanbans, include only cards available for withdrawal Yes: include only kanban cards available for withdrawal, which are move kanban cards linked to another loop of production kanban cards, with at least one full kanban card.
No (Default): include all kanban cards filtered.
Action would look like as a button in the home page. With next fields we can define button appearance:
Field Description Text on button Write down the text that is shown in the button in homepage. Text describes action made by the button. For example “Print Supplier X orders”, or “Released Kanbans”, etc. Instructions for users Over the button, is possible to insert another text that gives instructions to users, like “Print Supplier X kanban cards and worklist“, etc. Image Image saved in the File Manager. Image appears on the left of the button, and could be supplier’s logo, or another image. To upload a new image, get in Print > File Manager and click at the top right of the table Upload a new file.
After fill all the fields, click Save.
To set the widget and the button in home page, proceed as follows:
Get in Home.
- At the bottom left or right, click Edit your home page.
- In the drop-down list on the left or on the right (choose if you want the button on the left or on the right of homepage) select the action. Action title is same as Instructions for users field just completed.
- Click Add widget to insert the action in homepage and then Close to close homepage editor.
Now widget is set in the homepage. To set the widget for other users, first of all check if the action is available for all users and then each user need to repeat points 6 to 9 in their homepage.
Update a worklist
- Get in Settings > Custom actions.
- Search action to modify, and then in the related row click Edit action.
- Modify the action according to your needs.
- After that, click Save to update the action.
Update a filter linked to a worklist
- Get in Kanban boards > Board as planner.
- Select the filter to modify in the drop-down box.
- Update the filter by adding one or more fields. Usually, to create a worklist filter kanban cards by:
- A specific supplier or customer.
- One or more kanban status.
- To save the update, click at the top right of the table Save filter.
- In the new window, next to Overwrite filter, in the drop-down box select the filter to update.
- Click Save to confirm the update.