What's a Multiprocess kanban?
The multiprocess is a function that relates two or more kanban loops and allows the management of the following cases:
|A Kanban with multiple production process steps||The release of a kanban card activates a recovery process that involves multiple stages of production.|
|Sequential pull and component kit preparation||The upstream cards are released after the downstream process has signal a need.|
Downstream, the release of a card automatically activates the release of an extra kanban card upstream.
The downstream loop of the process is the Parent kanban. At each release of the Parent kanban, an extra kanban is generated in the upstream phase. The upstream loop is therefore the Child kanban.
How to creare a Multiprocess kanban
In order to create a Multiprocess kanban it's necessary to request the activation of the function to Sintesia Lean partners.
I. How to create the Parent kanban:
- Link to Kanbans > New Kanban and choose as "Production" as Type of kanban ;
- In the form, enter the required fields and the advanced fields;
- In the advanced fields of the Process information form, set the field Multiprocess to Yes. By default, this field is set to No;
- Set a Lead time of the Parent kanban that considers the lead time of the previous process steps. The Lead Time of the parent loop is therefore the sum of the Lead Time of all the sequential phases involved;
- Click on Activate Kanban to create the kanban loop. KanbanBOX saves the kanban loop and creates in the Board as planner the cards in state New.
II. How to create the Child kanban:
- Link to Kanbans > New Kanban and choose as Type of kanban "Production";
- On the form, enter the required fields and the advanced fields;
- In the advanced fields of the Process information form, if the Child kanban is also the last upstream phase, leave the field Multiprocess to No (default);
- In the Kanban loop calculation form, in the drop down menu Policy select the Synchro option;
- Click on Activate Kanban to create the kanban loop.
III. How to create the Multiprocess relationship:
- Link to Kanbans > Multiprocess kanban and select the icon Add, on the table, at the top right;
- Choose the Parent loop and click on Continue;
- Select the Child loop to link to the the Parent loop;
- Enter the Use factor;
- Click on Save.