KanbanBOX matches a generic template to a kanban card by:
- Default template.
- Printing rules.
|Template set as default||A template set as default is used in all kanban cards that aren’t linked with a printing rule to another template.|
|Printing rules||A printing rule shall link a specific category of kanban card (with a variable in common, like a specific supplier, or bin type) to a specific template, fit for this category.|
A printing rule is a stronger link than a template set as default, and so redefines the template for this particular category of kanban cards.
How to set a template as default
- Get in Print > Template list.
- In the specific template row, click the button Set as default.
- The template set as default is the standard template used for printing kanban cards.
How to create a printing rule
- Get in Print > Printing rules.
- In the table, click the button at the top right Add new printing rule.
In the new screen, select the printing rule field, which is the category that selects the group of kanban cards to which apply the printing rule, therefore, the specific template. Possible field to select are:
Field Description User that is printing Based on user that is printing kanban card, is possible to choose a different template. Cards shown with specific filter A specific template is set for cards that meet the filter chosen. Specific customer A specific template is set for this specific customer. Specific supplier A specific template is set for this specific supplier. Type of client A specific template is set for the type of client (internal or external). Type of supplier A specific template is set for the type of supplier (internal or external). Specific bin A specific template is set for kanban cards with a specific bin. Type of kanban A specific template is set for a specific type of kanban (production, sales, purchase, and move). Type of card A specific template is set for a specific type of card (throwaway or reusable).
Now choose the specific variable (for example, Purchase if field selected is Type of kanban, or the specific supplier if field selected is Specific Supplier).
- Select the favorite template in the drop-down list.
- Select On or Off to activate now or not the printing rule
- Finally click Save rule. If printing rule is active, immediately all kanban cards linked to printing rule are printed with the specific template.
Priority for printing rules
If you set different printing rules, it’s likely that a kanban card is linked to different printing rules. To avoid interference, a priority is set for every printing rule field:
|User that is printing||70|
|Cards shown with specific filter||65|
|Type of client||30|
|Type of supplier||20|
|Type of kanban||10|
|Type of card||5|
Printing rule that prevails is that one set with field of higher priority.
For example, setting these printing rules:
- Printing rule to set template1 for External as type of supplier (priority 20)
- Printing rule to set template2 for Throwaway as type of card (priority 5)
You print Kanban cards with External supplier and Throwaway type of card with template template1, as printing rule with field set on “type of supplier” take precedence to printing rule with field set on “type of card”.