1 Extra-Kanban orders
KanbanBOX shows an Extra-kanban card (or one-time kanban) in Kanban board as a normal kanban card with a full colored angle on the top right of the card, instead of a cut angle.
Picture 1: Extra Kanban
Supplier’s procedure is the same as normal kanban cards, but, rather than a normal Kanban card order:
- Customer sets required date of replenishment, and might not match lead time agreed with the supplier.
- Quantity might be different from a normal kanban order.
- Bin might be different from a normal kanban order.
2 Priority orders for customer
In KanbanBOX you can see a priority order set by the customer with a yellow mark under the kanban card.
Picture 2: Priority Kanban
Supplier should manage priority orders quickly, delivering kanbans as soon as possible.
3 Supplier’s out of stock orders
Picture 3: Kanban card out of stock
In case of missing components, not in stock, still not produced or late delivery, supplier can notify out of stock to customer directly on the specific kanban card. In KanbanBOX you can see an out of stock kanban card with an orange mark under it.
To alert customer of an out of stock:
- Get in Kanban boards > Board as supplier.
- Click on the specific kanban card out of stock.
- In the new window, click in top on Mark this card as out of stock.
- Card and icon have now an orange mark.
4 Block orders
Picture 4: Hold kanban card
In case of:
- Obsolete components.
- Components with new release or new part number.
- Components not in use anymore.
Customer can block one or more kanban cards to avoid replenishment by the supplier. In kanban board you can see hold kanban cards with a red mark under them.
Supplier should not manage hold kanban cards until customer decides to unblock them.