KanbanBOX is a web software for managing electronic kanbans developed by Sintesia Srl.
Kanban is a Japanese word that literally means “visual signboard”. You can attach the signboard to a generic bin (box, pallet, etc.) that contains parts, and this signboard indicates specific characteristics of the content (part number, description, supplier, customer, type of bin, quantity, etc.). When bin is empty, a replenishment order is set to the supplier and Kanban card becomes a signal or order to him, stating lead time and quantity for replenishment. Major objective of kanban is to eliminate overproduction, most important waste in performance for a production system.
Sign up for KanbanBOX for the supplier
To receive kanban orders, first of all supplier needs to sign up in KanbanBOX. Sign up and management of customer’s kanban cards is totally free for suppliers.
In order for the Supplier to have access to KanbanBOX, the Customer has to send to the Supplier a new connection request.
- The Customer sends the link request to the new Supplier (here the guide: How to quickly connect a new Supplier).
- After receiving the e-mail, in order to access the Kanban board, the Supplier accepts the connection request by clicking on the button inside the e-mail Accept invitation.
- In the new page, fill in the following fields:
- First name: your user name.
- Last name: your user surname.
- Phone number: your user’s business telephone number.
- Company: business name of the company.
- Time zone: time zone for the reference country.
- Password: type in a password that would be your default password to login into the system.
- Check off the option: I have read and accept the Master Service Agreement.
- Click on Create my account to confirm logging.