What is the Partners import?
Through the form Partners import, it's possible to massively load a large number of bins inside the KanbanBOX Partners master.
How to import new partners
- Link on Masters > Import;
- In the form Partners import click on import_partner.xlsx in the field Download Excel template;
- The empty Excel file is automatically downloaded: here you can enter the new partners;
- Open the Excel file import_partner.xlsx
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. To insert the partners, click on the second sheet Partners
- Fill in all the data (see details below, in the compilation guide);
- Save the Excel file (keeping the name import_partner.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Re-enter KanbanBOX in Masters > Import;
- In the form Partners import, in the field Excel file for Partners, click on Choose file;
- Search for and select the file saved in point 1;
- Click on Open;
- The file is now selected and loaded into the space provided. Then click on Partners import;
In the new screen, the data entered in the Excel will be re-proposed. Pay particular attention to the last two columns:
Field Description Errors If the import causes an error, the line will be placed at the top of the code list and will not be imported to the system. It is possible to know the reason for the error in this column. Action Update: the partner is not new, but it will be updated into the KanbanBOX Partners master. Attention: every updated partner loses all the information previously entered in all fields and acquires the new ones inserted in the Excel file!
Add new: a new part is added in the Parts master.
Click on Import data in KanbanBOX to complete the import. The data will now be entered into the Partners master.
How to fill in the partners import sheet
The sheet is divided into:
- Columns: based on the maximum number of fields that can be imported in the Partners master;
- Lines: number of partners that you want to massively import in the Partners master.
|Column||Field||Field description||Field constraints|
|1||Partner name||The name of Partner.||Required field. It must be unique for each Partner in the master data.|
|2||Supplier||If the partner is a supplier for kanban materials, write Yes, otherwise write No.||Required field.|
|3||Customer||If the partner is a customer for kanban materials, write Yes, otherwise, write No.||Required field.|
|4||Type||If a partner is an internal entity (a production department, a warehouse, an assembly line) select Internal, otherwise if it is outside the license (an external supplier or client) select External.||Required field.|
|5||The e-mail to contact the partner||Optional.|
|6||Fax||The fax number to contact the partner.||Optional.|
|7||Partner custom field 1||Partner personalized field 1, set it in Company settings||Optional. Maximum length of 255 characters.|
|8||Partner custom field 2||Partner personalized field 2, set it in Company settings||Optional. Maximum length of 255 characters.|
|9||Partner custom field 3||Partner personalized field 3, set it in Company settings||Optional. Maximum length of 255 characters.|
For each completed line, a new kanban loop will be added to the table Partners master. When compiling, follow these rules:
- Do not change the name of the sheet Partners or it will not be considered during the import;
- Do not change the name of the fields or the data will not be considered during the import;
- Additional sheets will not be considered during import;
- Additional columns will not be considered during import;
- Any missing columns will be considered as invalid values;
- The cells of the columns cannot contain formulas.