What's the Part Transcoding Import?
Through the form Part Transcoding Import is possible to massively load a large number of items and link them to the part numbers of the connected supplier or customer.
The part transcoding allows the supplier (or potentially the customer) to associate in the master data each partner part number with a personal one. This allows the supplier (or customer) to view their part number on the board and immediately understand what component they are talking about.
The import can be done for one external customer/supplier at a time and the kanban loops associated with the external partner must be already active in the Kanban Board.
If the partner is a supplier in the kanban system, you will find the part numbers to be translated in the table Part number transcoding with supplier, from the menu Masters > Links > Transcoding purchase. If the partner is a supplier in the kanban system, you will find the part numbers to be translated in the table Part number transcoding with customer, from the menu Masters > Links > Transcoding sales.
How to import new transcoding
- Link on Masters > Import;
- In the box Part Transcoding Import click on import_part_number_transcoding.xlsx in the form Download Excel template;
- The empty Excel file is automatically downloaded: here you can enter the new parts numbers;
- Open the Excel file import_part_number_transcoding.xlsx;
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. To insert the new parts numbers, click on the second sheet Transcoding part number;
- Fill in all the data (see details below, in the compilation guide);
- Save the Excel file (keeping the name import_part_number_transcoding.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Re-enter KanbanBOX in Masters > Import;
- In the form Part Transcoding Import, in the field Choose partner: select the external partner whose transcoding is going to be imported;
- In the field Excel file for Transcoding click on Choose file;
- Search for and select the file saved in point 1;
- Click on Open;
- The file is now selected and loaded into the space provided. Then click on Part Transcoding Import;
- In the new screen, the data entered in the Excel will be re-proposed. Pay particular attention to the last two columns:
|Errors||If the import causes an error, the line will be placed at the top of the code list and will not be imported to the system. It is possible to know the reason for the error in this column.|
|Action||Update: the transcoding is not new, but it will be updated into the KanbanBOX Transcoding sale or Transcoding purchase tables. Attenzione: every updated part transcoding loses all the information previously entered in all fields and acquires the new ones inserted in the Excel file!
Add new: a new Transcoding Part Number is added in the tables Part number transcoding with customer or Part number transcoding with supplier.
- Click on Import data in KanbanBOX to complete the import. The data will now be entered into the tables Part number transcoding with customer or Part number transcoding with supplier.
How to fill in the transcoding import sheet
The sheet is divided into: - Columns: based on the maximum number of fields that can be imported in the Part Transcoding Import; - Lines: number of codes that you want to massively import in the Transcoding sale or Transcoding purchase tables.
|1||My Part Number||Indicates the part number of my license.||Required field.|
|2||Partner Part Number||The partner part number, external supplier or customer.||Required field.|
|3||Partner Part Description||Component description in the external partner master data, supplier or customer.||Optional.|
For each completed line, a new part number will be added to the Partner Parts master.
When compiling, follow these rules:
- Do not change the name of the sheet Transcoding part number or it will not be considered during the import;
- Do not change the name of the fields or the data will not be considered during the import;
- Additional sheets will not be considered during import;
- Additional columns will not be considered during import;
- Any missing columns will be considered as invalid values;
- The cells of the columns cannot contain formulas.