What is the import of Kanban Projects?
Through the form Import Kanban Projects, it's possible to massively load a large number of kanban projects inside the table Kanban loop projects.
Use a kanban project in the case of:
- new kanban loops not yet completed because with partial data;
- modification of active kanban loops not yet completed because are currently nearing completion.
In both cases, Kanban Projects can be completed and activated directly from KanbanBOX at a later time.
How to import new kanban projects
- Link on Masters > Import > Kanban Projects;
- In the page Import Kanban Projects click on import_project.xlsx in the field Download Excel template;
- The empty Excel file is automatically downloaded: here you can enter the new kanban projects;
- Open the Excel file import_project.xlsx;
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. To insert the kanban projects, click on the second sheet Kanban Projects;
- Fill in the Excel file by entering all the data relating to the new kanban projects you want to import (see details in the compilation guide). There are fewer constraints than importing the kanban loops because a project, by definition, can be saved with partial data and completed later.
- Save the Excel file (keeping the name import_project.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Re-enter KanbanBOX in Masters > Import > Kanban Projects;
- In the field Excel file for Kanban Projects, click on Choose file;
- Search for and select the file that you previously saved and click on Open;
- The file is now selected and loaded into the space provided. Then click on Import Kanban Projects;
In the new screen, the data entered in the Excel will be re-proposed. Pay particular attention to the last two columns:
Field Description Errors If the import causes an error, the line will be placed at the top of the code list and will not be imported to the system. It is possible to know the reason for the error in this column. Action Update: the loop is not new, but it will be updated into the Kanban loop projects table. Attention: every updated Kanban loop project loses all the information previously entered in all fields and acquires the new ones inserted in the Excel file!
Add new: a new Kanban loop project is added to the table Kanban loop projects.
Click on Import data in KanbanBOX to complete the import. The data will now be entered into the table Kanban loop projects.
How to update Kanban loop projects by the import
- Access Kanbans > Kanban loop projects;
- In the table, filter the projects you want to update;
- Click on the icon in the table menu Export projects for import;
- The file import_projects.xlsx is downloaded automatically: it contains all the projects filtered in the table Kanban loop projects;
- Open the Excel file import_projects.xlsx;
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. To modify the parts number, click on the second sheet Kanban Projects;
- Edit the file and save it (keeping the name import_projects.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Go back to KanbanBOX in Masters > Import > Kanban Projects;
- In the page Import Kanban Projects proceed as in the previous example.
How to import a project to modify active kanban loops
- Access Kanbans > Active Kanban loops;
- In the table, filter only the kanban loops that you want to add to the Kanban loop projects;
- Click on the icon in the table menu Export kanban loops for import;
- The file import_kanban.xlsx is downloaded automatically: it contains all the projects filtered in the table Active Kanban Loops;
- Open the Excel file import_kanban.xlsx;
- The first sheet Help shows a brief guide on how to compile the file. In this case, being a project to modify an active loop, the Kanban ID field is mandatory. To modify the kanbans, click on the second sheet Kanban Loops;
- Edit the file and save it (keeping the name import_kanban.xlsx is not mandatory);
- Go back to KanbanBOX in Masters > Import > Kanban Projects;
- In the page Import Kanban Projects proceed as in the previous examples.
How to activate a kanban project
To become an active kanban loop, a kanban loop project must be approved individually, after entering its required mandatory fields.
- Enter in Kanban > Kanban loop projects;
- In the table, filter the kanban project you want to approve;
- In the Operations column, click on the icon Edit kanban loop project;
- Enter any mandatory data that may be missing;
- Click on Apply now to create the new kanban loop.
Guide to filling in the import project sheet
|Column||Field||Field description||Field constraints|
|1||ID Kanban||Indicates the ID of the Kanban loop in the Active Kanban chart.
Insert value if you want to modify a kanban loop already existing in KanbanBOX. In case of a new kanban loop, do not enter any data in this field.
|It must be entered only if you want to modify a kanban project that is already existing in KanbanBOX.|
|2||Type||Type of kanban loop:
|Required field. Admitted values: production, purchase, sales, move, activity.|
|3||Part number||Part number of the component managed through Kanban.||Optional.It must be an existing part number in the master data.|
|4||Supplier||Supplier name (internal or external) of the kanban loop.||Optional. It must be an existing name for a Supplier in the master data.|
|5||Customer||Customer name (internal or external) of the kanban loop.||Optional. It must be an existing name for a Customer in the master data.|
|6||Default Resource||When the sequencer module is active, in this field could be inserted the default resource.||Optional. It must be an existing name for a Sequencer Resource in the master data.|
|7||Manager||Username of the owner of the kanban loop.||Optional. If present, it must be an existing Username in the KanbanBOX Users management table.|
|8||Location at supplier||Item location in the supplier supermarket/warehouse/line.||Optional.|
|9||Location at customer||Item location in the customer supermarket/warehouse/line.||Optional.|
|10||Loop use||Electronic or manual Kanban||Optional. Admitted values: "0" (Manual Kanban), "1" (Electronic Kanban).|
|11||Kanban card||Type of Kanban card:
|Optional field. Admitted values: throwaway, reusable.|
|12||Loop custom field 1||Personalized field kanban 1, to be set in Company settings.||Optional. Maximum length of 255 characters.|
|13||Loop custom field 2||Personalized field kanban 2, to be set in Company settings.||Optional. Maximum length of 255 characters.|
|14||Loop custom field 3||Personalized field kanban 3, to be set in Company settings.||Optional. Maximum length of 255 characters.|
|15||Lead time||Lead time for kanban replenishment, in working days.||Optional. It must be a number|
|16||Safety lead time||Number of working days to be added to the Lead time to absorb possible delays.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|17||Consumption per day||Maximum daily consumption of the part.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|18||Minimum batch size||Minimum quantity to make an order for that item.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|19||Multiple batch size||Multiple purchase quantity when reaching the minimum purchase lot.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|20||Required capacity per unit||Processing time of a material unit.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|21||Grouping||Identification, category or group of components.||Optional.|
|22||Multiprocess||Multiprocess kanban.||Optional. Admitted values: "no", "yes"|
|23||Multiprocess explode on||Explode trigger||Optional. Admitted values: "manual", "released", "process".|
|24||Bin||Type of bin for the part.||Optional. If present, it must be the name of an existing bin in the KanbanBOX container registry.|
|25||Bin capacity||Maximum number of item units that can be stored in the bin or generic packaging.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|26||Policy||Kanban loop management:
|Optional. Admitted values: kanban, batch, signal.|
|27||Number of kanban cards||The total number of kanban cards for the loop.||Optional. If the Policy is signal, it must be 1.|
|28||Quantity per kanban||Amount of units to restore for each Kanban card.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|29||Batch of kanban||Minimum number of kanban that must be batched before release to the supplier. Used only when kanban Policy is set to batch||Optional. It must be a number.|
|30||Reorder point||When kanban policy is set on signal, in this field it's necessary to indicate re-order point for the signal kanban. Used only when the kanban Policy is set to signal.||Optional. It must be a number.|
|31||Card unit price||Unit price.||Optional.|
|32||Currency.||Currency ex. EUR, USD, GBP.||Optional.|
|33||Default card reference.||Default value for card reference.||Optional.|
|34||Schedule Activation.||Activation date of the kanban project.||Optional. KanbanBOX schedules the kanban project activation at this date and time.|
For each completed line, a new kanban loop will be added to the table Kanban loop projects.
When compiling, follow these rules:
- Do not change the name of the sheet Kanban projects or it will not be considered during the import;
- Do not change the name of the fields or the data will not be considered during the import;
- Additional sheets will not be considered during import;
- Additional columns will not be considered during import;
- Any missing columns will be considered as invalid values;
- The cells of the columns cannot contain formulas.